Most NAMES and PLACES on this blog have been removed or altered for privacy.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's MY Peanut Butter!!!

Dear family,

This week was interesting...it flew by uber, uber fast. Something interesting happened today though. We are teaching a less active, part member family. The mom is living with her boyfriend and wants to get back to church, so we are teaching her and her boyfriend, however the boyfriend closes up instantly like a clam if we push too hard so we have to be super careful. So anyway, we were tracting when we knock on a certain door and an elderly woman answers the door. She let us in and started telling us how she grew up a member and was baptized but she didn't raise her son in the church....It turns out that this lady is the Mom to the aforementioned boyfriend! mwa-ha-ha-hah....now we can teach the mom and have her work with him! Ha! When nothing else works, involve the mom!
Thursday we had zone conference! It is when the entire zone gets together and we have kind of a fireside and lunch from our mission president. It was awesome! At lunch they told us that mail and packages were on the stage and I had read in a previous e-mail that you sent me that you sent me something, so I hoped that one of them would be mine...AND ONE WAS! :D! I was uber excited! Thank you for all the awesome things in the package, and all the awesome t-shirts, food, random things, and SPUD!!! Spud now has a permanent home on my desk.

So now I have a story for you and it's about peanut butter. My last companion (Elder N.) got transferred out and the only thing I asked him to leave was the Peter Pan peanut butter. So he went to transfers and he left me the peanut butter. Well, then he had to pass back through here to get to his new area so he stopped at the apartment one last time and he told the zone leaders that he thought, "what can I steal? ", and he stole the peanut butter...jerk....so then I was mad about that for a while and when zone conference came around they stayed in our apartment which was pretty cool, and Elder N. was telling me how specifically took the peanut butter because I wanted it, so of course I had to get him back somehow....So this is what I did. The zone leaders (who I happen to be friends with...) were going down to his area to do an exchange with elder N. down in his area because he's the district leader, and so I asked them to steal my peanut butter back! So they did. The peanut butter has a permanent home in this apartment where it belongs. The zone leaders accidentally stole some of the peanut butter that he bought though, so I have to send that stuff back, but the rest is mine!!! That is the story about the peanut butter....juvenile, but funny.

We went to the temple on Friday as well! It was amazing as usual. I'm so blessed to be able to have a temple in my mission boundaries. We still just tract every day, so I don't really have any cool teaching stories sorry....

Thank you all for the package again, it was more appreciated than you know.

Sorry I missed Caiti's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

It's good to hear all the news from home, and that you are all doing so well. Thank you for all that you do for me and all the wonderful things you have taught me! Keep being awesome!

Love,
Elder Raymond the Younger

No comments:

Post a Comment