Most NAMES and PLACES on this blog have been removed or altered for privacy.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Planting Seeds...

This week was interesting...again.....

On Tuesday, I was hugged by a drunk Indian...yes, you read that right...We were teaching this guy, his name is L., and the whole time we are talking this guy is totally drunk....He is WASTED!!! Anyway, we get done with the lesson, and the whole time he is offering us water, and then forgets and offers us more water, and then forgets again, this happens over and over, and at the end of the lesson we ask him if there is anything that we can do for him. He told us that he was good, but he wanted us to pray for him. So we did and he nearly started crying. He then proceeded to tell us how awesome we were and how "we were the best people he's ever met" and then he ran inside and grabbed his sister so that she could talk to us too! Sweet! Anyway, Elder S. was teaching her and I ended up distracting L. so that my companion could teach effectively without constantly being interrupted with water offers. Elder S. finished teaching B., L.'s sister, and offered to say a prayer with her as well. After that prayer L. started to cry a little bit and then he walked up to me and hugged me!!! AUGH!!! You all know how much I like hugs........"shiver"....anyway when he finally released me he went after Elder S. and hugged him too! So that is my story of getting hugged by a drunk Indian....

We also found an investigator who is serious about meeting with us and accepted a baptismal commitment after the first lesson! There are still kinks being worked out with that though....more to be posted later.

The next day we were supposed to get a ride from a member to an area in our area that is in the middle of nowhere.....unfortunately he never showed up, or called us......So we went and tracted! We met a guy that had just recently gotten out of jail, and he was reading the Book of Mormon while he was there, but when he got out he was unable to get hold of one, so I gave him one! I find that the people who just recently get out of jail are those who are most likely to listen. Then we had dinner at a members house. It was pretty good.

Someone gave us a cantaloupe and a cucumber on Friday! So now I am trying to grow a cantaloupe....it's not working so far.....hmmm......

Another tracting story....I have lots of these. We were tracting a street when we come to a house and it sounds like there is a party going on inside (not a rare occurrence). Anyway, we knock on this door and this 6 foot 6 inches guy comes out. This guy looks like he might be Indian, or Mexican, we're not quite sure....anyway, this guy is also completely drunk....(another non-rare occurrence). He asks us how we're doing and if he can help us. Because this guy is so drunk Elder S. just looks at him and in this uber happy and peppy voice says, "We're here to talk about Jesus!!!" This guy goes off about how great Jesus was and how he is in his heart and he already knows him but he appreciates us coming by, la dee da dee da.....yada yada....and then he walks away and he pretty much told us that we need to go take advantage of some women because it will make us braver.....WHAT THE HECK?! Anyway, those weren't his exact words, but I won't type them because if I do I think I might be struck by lightning....(or sucked into a tornado because it's Oklahoma...). Yeah, it was weird.....Anyway, after that we tracted into a couple kids who were standing outside their house smoking. We start to share the message with them and the whole time there's this kid with a switchblade that is just flicking it in, out, in, out, in, out. We gave him a Book of Mormon anyway. Then we were tracting in a different part of El Reno the next day when we reach a certain house....we knock on this door and this teenage girl answers the door. We ask her if her parents are home and she tells us " Yes, my mom is in my backyard swimming with my youth pastor...." hmmm.....alrighty then. So we gave her a mormon.org card and moved on. The next house we knock on is an older guy who is living with his Ex-mother in law....yeah, lots of interesting things happen here...That's about the sum of my week.

Thank you all for all your letters, I can't tell you how much I appreciate them! The gospel is definitely true and it blesses people's lives in more ways that they can imagine. Keep being awesome everyone.

Love,
Elder Raymond the Younger

P.S. I haven't gotten my box yet. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment