Most NAMES and PLACES on this blog have been removed or altered for privacy.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8/15/11 I Was in the Middle of a Freaking Tornado!!!

Dear family,
This past week has been insane!!!! On Monday, we were helping a woman move stuff from a storage unit into her barn when the wind went cold....uh,oh...So I look up and directly above me the clouds are swirling.....even worse....so the other elders and I get into the truck and drive as fast as we can away and out of a storm that built up out of nowhere. The wind is blowing all around us and we can barely see because of the winds, dust, rain, and other things flying through the air. We get out of the storm and I look behind us and I see what looks like a storm cloud, except it was touching the ground...It wasn't until I saw it move across the road behind us, suck up a gas station, and go back up into the sky that I realized that it was a tornado!!! I was in the middle of a freaking tornado!!! So, the other elders and I go to a members house (we're all fine by the way) and on the news it says the storage unit that we were at was destroyed and that they were experiencing "high winds"....SERIOUSLY?! HIGH WINDS?! No. It was a tornado. no one would believe us, despite the fact that five of us saw it, until about a week later the news people apparently said that they were more than high winds, there was actually a tornado.....OF COURSE THERE WAS A TORNADO!!! We were running away from it. It was pretty funny.
My zone leaders (Elder O., and Elder K.) are training this transfer so they are in a trio. Their Trainee's name is Elder D. and he is from California. One day we were talking about the area that he was in and he mentioned San Bernandino, so I asked him if he had ever met Dustan B. guess what? He has! Him and his family and some other families would get together with the elders and have kind of a mass family home evening! It was pretty cool to hear that Dustan is doing alright. It's amazing how small the world is when you move around alot.
One of the elders in my district is super-uber competitive and for p-day he bought a 50$ nerf gun....50$!!! it was ridiculous. so the zone leaders asked him why on earth he would do that and he said "so that I can win"....of course when you say that everyone is going to do all that they can to make sure that you lose. So the zone leaders, my companion and I, all bought 3$ nerf guns from wal-mart and we are going to dominate him later today :) It's going to be awesome.
Anyway, my area has been really, really, slow lately and we've done lots of tracting and service. I don't have any super cool stories that apply to missionary work this week though.....
Our mission is getting infested with bed-bugs though from elders accidentally spreading it to each other's apartments when they go to sleep over....It's unfortunate, and I'm not going to let them spread to our area hahaha. That's about all that has happened with me this week. Thank you all for your many e-mails and I appreciate them greatly.
Mom, If you could send me Emma's address that would be great, then I could send her letters. That's super sad that she had to leave, but it will be better for her to actually be with her family.
Love you all uber much,
Elder Raymond the 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment