Most NAMES and PLACES on this blog have been removed or altered for privacy.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8/8/11 Hard Work and Miracles

Alec, Mom, Dad, Caiti, Kimmee, and anyone else you show this too,

This week has been interesting.....First off we had transfers on the 3rd of august. My breaker (my second companion) is Elder S. He's from Utah, and he wants to be a doctor after his mission. He's awesome and we like alot of the same things and have the same opinions and views of alot of things. Everyone told me that I would hate my second companion because he was not my trainer...well they were wrong......sorry, it's true.....Elder S. is awesome. So we had to scrap all of our old investigators because none of them were progressing and the area book hadn't been updated since June....(sigh)...so pretty much we're trying to shotgun (start over) El Reno. Within the last five days I've gotten 3 flat tires but it was all worth it. I was witness to a miracle this week. We have a less active guy in our ward who doesn't really go to church anymore, and we (the missionaries) have been helping him fix his farm up after those tornadoes that hit Oklahoma in may. He lost pretty much everything so we've been trying to put up fences and T-posts...and while he was working he tore a major part of his upper arm up. I don't know exactly what was wrong with it but he couldn't use his arm or put any weight on it. Anyway, I get a call from a sister in our ward asking if we're going to go give this guy a blessing.....WHAT....? Apparently he had told her that he had asked us and we had told him we would....so I called this less-active guy and asked him if he actually did want a blessing, and he said he did because he was to go into surgery the next day around 2:00. So Elder S. and I drove out to his house, and gave him a blessing. We left and went about the rest of our day, not really thinking anything more of it. Anyway, the next day, we get a call from that same sister who called us the day before and what does she tell us? She tells us that the guy who we gave the blessing too went into surgery and when they did x-rays or whatever, his arm was fully healed!!! WHOAH!!! MIND ABSOLUTELY BLOWN!!! It was an amazing testimony builder of that the church is true and that the priesthood really is the authority and power to act in god's name. I was extremely grateful to the Lord for allowing me to be an instrument in his hands to bring something so amazing to pass. That's all that happened this week, but it's so awesome it literally made my week, and I'm still in awe.

Love you all,
Elder Raymond the 2nd

P.S. Never let anyone tell you the church isn't true, because it most definitely is.

No comments:

Post a Comment